"Adrenergic alpha-Antagonists" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Drugs that bind to but do not activate alpha-adrenergic receptors thereby blocking the actions of endogenous or exogenous adrenergic agonists. Adrenergic alpha-antagonists are used in the treatment of hypertension, vasospasm, peripheral vascular disease, shock, and pheochromocytoma.
- Adrenergic alpha-Antagonists
- Adrenergic alpha Antagonists
- alpha-Antagonists, Adrenergic
- Adrenergic alpha-Receptor Blockaders
- Adrenergic alpha Receptor Blockaders
- Blockaders, Adrenergic alpha-Receptor
- alpha-Receptor Blockaders, Adrenergic
- alpha-Adrenergic Blocking Agents
- Agents, alpha-Adrenergic Blocking
- Blocking Agents, alpha-Adrenergic
- alpha Adrenergic Blocking Agents
- alpha-Adrenergic Blockers
- Blockers, alpha-Adrenergic
- alpha Adrenergic Blockers
- alpha-Blockers, Adrenergic
- alpha Blockers, Adrenergic
- alpha-Adrenergic Receptor Blockaders
- Blockaders, alpha-Adrenergic Receptor
- Receptor Blockaders, alpha-Adrenergic
- alpha Adrenergic Receptor Blockaders
- Adrenergic alpha-Blockers
- Adrenergic alpha Blockers
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Adrenergic alpha-Antagonists".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Adrenergic alpha-Antagonists".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Adrenergic alpha-Antagonists" by people in this website by year, and whether "Adrenergic alpha-Antagonists" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Adrenergic alpha-Antagonists" by people in Profiles.
The Receipt of Industry Payments is Associated With Prescribing Promoted Alpha-blockers and Overactive Bladder Medications. Urology. 2018 Jul; 117:50-56.
Non-invasive Management Options for Erectile Dysfunction When a Phosphodiesterase Type 5 Inhibitor Fails. Drugs Aging. 2018 03; 35(3):175-187.
The sympathetic nervous system and heart failure. Cardiol Clin. 2014 Feb; 32(1):33-45, vii.
Activated cranial cervical cord neurons affect left ventricular infarct size and the potential for sudden cardiac death. Auton Neurosci. 2012 Jul 02; 169(1):34-42.
Current role for combination therapy in male LUTS. Arch Esp Urol. 2010 Jun; 63(5):323-32.
Combination therapy in hypertension. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2010 Jan-Feb; 4(1):42-50.
Alpha2-adrenergic receptors attenuate secretagogue-induced endocytosis and promote exocytosis of intestinal NHE2 and NHE3. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2009 Sep; 330(3):818-25.
Catecholamine-secreting neuroblastoma in a 4-month-old infant: perioperative management. J Clin Anesth. 2009 Feb; 21(1):54-6.
Chronic prostatitis: management strategies. Drugs. 2009; 69(1):71-84.
Noradrenergic antagonism of the P13 and N40 components of the rat auditory evoked potential. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2007 Jan; 190(1):117-25.