"Dysentery, Bacillary" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
DYSENTERY caused by gram-negative rod-shaped enteric bacteria (ENTEROBACTERIACEAE), most often by the genus SHIGELLA. Shigella dysentery, Shigellosis, is classified into subgroups according to syndrome severity and the infectious species. Group A: SHIGELLA DYSENTERIAE (severest); Group B: SHIGELLA FLEXNERI; Group C: SHIGELLA BOYDII; and Group D: SHIGELLA SONNEI (mildest).
- Shigella Infection
- Infection, Shigella
- Infections, Shigella
- Shigella Infections
- Shigella Dysentery
- Dysenteries, Shigella
- Dysentery, Shigella
- Shigella Dysenteries
Dysentery, Shigella flexneri
- Dysentery, Shigella flexneri
- Dysenteries, Shigella flexneri
- Shigella flexneri Dysenteries
- Shigella flexneri Dysentery
Dysentery, Shigella sonnei
- Dysentery, Shigella sonnei
- Dysenteries, Shigella sonnei
- Shigella sonnei Dysenteries
- Shigella sonnei Dysentery
Dysentery, Shigella boydii
- Dysentery, Shigella boydii
- Dysenteries, Shigella boydii
- Shigella boydii Dysenteries
- Shigella boydii Dysentery
Dysentery, Shigella dysenteriae
- Dysentery, Shigella dysenteriae
- Dysenteries, Shigella dysenteriae
- Shigella dysenteriae Dysenteries
- Shigella dysenteriae Dysentery
- Dysentery, Shiga bacillus
- Shiga bacillus Dysentery
- Dysentery, Shigella dysenteriae type 1
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Dysentery, Bacillary".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Dysentery, Bacillary".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Dysentery, Bacillary" by people in this website by year, and whether "Dysentery, Bacillary" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Dysentery, Bacillary" by people in Profiles.
Salmonella, Shigella, and yersinia. Clin Lab Med. 2015 Jun; 35(2):225-46.
Cholera and shigellosis: different epidemiology but similar responses to climate variability. PLoS One. 2014; 9(9):e107223.
[Development of molecular tests for rapid detection of enteropathogens]. Harefuah. 2000 May 01; 138(9):758-62, 805.
Intestinal obstruction during shigellosis: incidence, clinical features, risk factors, and outcome. Gastroenterology. 1991 Sep; 101(3):626-34.