"Gloves, Surgical" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Gloves, usually rubber, worn by surgeons, examining physicians, dentists, and other health personnel for the mutual protection of personnel and patient.
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Gloves, Surgical".
- Analytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment [E]
- Equipment and Supplies [E07]
- Protective Devices [E07.700]
- Protective Clothing [E07.700.600]
- Gloves, Protective [E07.700.600.400]
- Gloves, Surgical [E07.700.600.400.400]
- Surgical Equipment [E07.858]
- Surgical Attire [E07.858.594]
- Gloves, Surgical [E07.858.594.500]
- Technology, Industry, Agriculture [J]
- Technology, Industry, and Agriculture [J01]
- Manufactured Materials [J01.637]
- Clothing [J01.637.215]
- Protective Clothing [J01.637.215.600]
- Gloves, Protective [J01.637.215.600.400]
- Gloves, Surgical [J01.637.215.600.400.400]
- Protective Devices [J01.637.708]
- Personal Protective Equipment [J01.637.708.560]
- Protective Clothing [J01.637.708.560.875]
- Gloves, Protective [J01.637.708.560.875.400]
- Gloves, Surgical [J01.637.708.560.875.400.400]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Gloves, Surgical".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Gloves, Surgical" by people in this website by year, and whether "Gloves, Surgical" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Gloves, Surgical" by people in Profiles.
Cytopathologic assessment of gloves and instruments after major head and neck surgery. Am J Otolaryngol. 2021 May-Jun; 42(3):102876.
Break Scrub to Take That Phone Call? J Am Coll Surg. 2018 06; 226(6):1117-1121.
Adverse events associated with mohs micrographic surgery: multicenter prospective cohort study of 20,821 cases at 23 centers. JAMA Dermatol. 2013 Dec; 149(12):1378-85.
Assessing airway patency and breathing in NBC category 4R--the RG method. J R Army Med Corps. 2006 Sep; 152(3):139-42.
Recovery of vancomycin-resistant enterococci on fingertips and environmental surfaces. Infect Control Hosp Epidemiol. 1995 Oct; 16(10):577-81.
Hypersensitivity to latex in health care workers: report of five cases. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 1993 Oct; 109(4):731-4.
Orthopedic surgeons' attitudes and practices concerning treatment of patients with HIV infection. Public Health Rep. 1989 Mar-Apr; 104(2):121-9.
A simple intraoperative hand-holding device. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1981 Oct; 68(4):616-7.