"Pregnanolone" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A pregnane found in the urine of pregnant women and sows. It has anesthetic, hypnotic, and sedative properties.
- 3 alpha-Hydroxy-5 beta-pregnan-20-one
- 3 alpha Hydroxy 5 beta pregnan 20 one
- alpha-Hydroxy-5 beta-pregnan-20-one, 3
- beta-pregnan-20-one, 3 alpha-Hydroxy-5
- 3 Hydroxypregnan 20 one
- Pregnanolone, (3alpha,5beta)-isomer
- Pregnan 3alpha ol 20 one
- 3 alpha, 5 beta-Tetrahydroprogesterone
- 3 alpha, 5 beta Tetrahydroprogesterone
- 3 alpha-Hydroxy-5 alpha-pregnan-20-one
- 3 alpha Hydroxy 5 alpha pregnan 20 one
- alpha-Hydroxy-5 alpha-pregnan-20-one, 3
- alpha-pregnan-20-one, 3 alpha-Hydroxy-5
- Pregnanolone, (3alpha,5alpha)-isomer
Pregnanolone, (3beta, 5alpha)-isomer
- Pregnanolone, (3beta, 5alpha)-isomer
- Allopregnan-3 beta-ol-20-one
- Allopregnan 3 beta ol 20 one
- beta-ol-20-one, Allopregnan-3
- 3beta Hydroxy 5alpha pregnan 20 one
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Pregnanolone".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Pregnanolone".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Pregnanolone" by people in this website by year, and whether "Pregnanolone" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Pregnanolone" by people in Profiles.
Why may allopregnanolone help alleviate loneliness? Med Hypotheses. 2015 Dec; 85(6):947-52.
Genome-wide association study of d-amphetamine response in healthy volunteers identifies putative associations, including cadherin 13 (CDH13). PLoS One. 2012; 7(8):e42646.
Differential effects of ethanol on serum GABAergic 3alpha,5alpha/3alpha,5beta neuroactive steroids in mice, rats, cynomolgus monkeys, and humans. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2010 Mar 01; 34(3):432-42.
Hormonal, cardiovascular, and subjective responses to acute stress in smokers. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2009 Mar; 203(1):1-12.
Sensitivity to the locomotor-stimulant effects of ethanol and allopregnanolone: a quantitative trait locus study of common genetic influence. Genes Brain Behav. 2006 Oct; 5(7):506-17.
Moderate doses of ethanol fail to increase plasma levels of neurosteroid 3alpha-hydroxy-5alpha-pregnan-20-one-like immunoreactivity in healthy men and women. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2006 Jun; 186(3):442-50.
Initial sensitivity, tolerance and cross-tolerance to allopregnanolone- and ethanol-induced hypothermia in selected mouse lines. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2002 Jul; 162(3):313-22.
Sensitivity to the locomotor stimulant effects of ethanol and allopregnanolone is influenced by common genes. Behav Neurosci. 2002 Feb; 116(1):126-37.
Acute effects of triazolam in women: relationships with progesterone, estradiol and allopregnanolone. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 1997 Mar; 130(1):69-78.