"Ventilators, Negative-Pressure" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Body ventilators that assist ventilation by applying intermittent subatmospheric pressure around the thorax, abdomen, or airway and periodically expand the chest wall and inflate the lungs. They are relatively simple to operate and do not require tracheostomy. These devices include the tank ventilators ("iron lung"), Portalung, Pneumowrap, and chest cuirass ("tortoise shell").
- Ventilators, Negative-Pressure
- Ventilators, Negative Pressure
- Negative-Pressure Pulmonary Ventilators
- Negative Pressure Pulmonary Ventilators
- Pulmonary Ventilator, Negative-Pressure
- Pulmonary Ventilator, Negative Pressure
- Pulmonary Ventilators, Negative-Pressure
- Pulmonary Ventilators, Negative Pressure
- Ventilators, Pulmonary, Negative-Pressure
- Respirators, Negative-Pressure
- Negative-Pressure Respirator
- Negative-Pressure Respirators
- Respirator, Negative-Pressure
- Respirators, Negative Pressure
- Respirators, Pulmonary, Negative-Pressure
- Negative-Pressure Ventilators
- Negative Pressure Ventilators
- Negative-Pressure Ventilator
- Ventilator, Negative-Pressure
- Negative-Pressure Pulmonary Ventilator
- Negative Pressure Pulmonary Ventilator
- Ventilators, Negative-Pressure Pulmonary
- Ventilator, Negative-Pressure Pulmonary
- Ventilator, Negative Pressure Pulmonary
- Tank Ventilators
- Tank Ventilator
- Ventilator, Tank
- Ventilators, Tank
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Ventilators, Negative-Pressure".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Ventilators, Negative-Pressure".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Ventilators, Negative-Pressure" by people in this website by year, and whether "Ventilators, Negative-Pressure" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.