Radiography, Dental, Digital
"Radiography, Dental, Digital" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A rapid, low-dose, digital imaging system using a small intraoral sensor instead of radiographic film, an intensifying screen, and a charge-coupled device. It presents the possibility of reduced patient exposure and minimal distortion, although resolution and latitude are inferior to standard dental radiography. A receiver is placed in the mouth, routing signals to a computer which images the signals on a screen or in print. It includes digitizing from x-ray film or any other detector. (From MEDLINE abstracts; personal communication from Dr. Charles Berthold, NIDR)
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Radiography, Dental, Digital".
- Analytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment [E]
- Diagnosis [E01]
- Diagnostic Techniques and Procedures [E01.370]
- Diagnostic Imaging [E01.370.350]
- Photography [E01.370.350.600]
- Image Enhancement [E01.370.350.600.350]
- Radiographic Image Enhancement [E01.370.350.600.350.700]
- Radiography, Dental, Digital [E01.370.350.600.350.700.690]
- Radiography [E01.370.350.700]
- Radiographic Image Enhancement [E01.370.350.700.700]
- Radiography, Dental, Digital [E01.370.350.700.700.690]
- Radiography, Dental [E01.370.350.700.720]
- Radiography, Dental, Digital [E01.370.350.700.720.720]
- Dentistry [E06]
- Diagnosis, Oral [E06.342]
- Radiography, Dental [E06.342.764]
- Radiography, Dental, Digital [E06.342.764.716]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Radiography, Dental, Digital".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Radiography, Dental, Digital" by people in this website by year, and whether "Radiography, Dental, Digital" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Radiography, Dental, Digital" by people in Profiles.
3D volume rendering using multislice CT for dental implants. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 2002 Jul; 31(4):218-23.
Reliability of linear alveolar bone loss measurements of mandibular posterior teeth from digitized bitewing radiographs. J Clin Periodontol. 1998 Nov; 25(11 Pt 1):850-6.
Comparison of reliability of manual and computer-intensive methods for radiodensity measures of alveolar bone loss. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 1998 Jul; 27(4):245-50.
A comparison of the response of storage phosphor and film radiography to small variations in X-ray exposure. Dentomaxillofac Radiol. 1997 May; 26(3):147-51.