"Carcinoma, Medullary" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A carcinoma composed mainly of epithelial elements with little or no stroma. Medullary carcinomas of the breast constitute 5%-7% of all mammary carcinomas; medullary carcinomas of the thyroid comprise 3%-10% of all thyroid malignancies. (From Dorland, 27th ed; DeVita Jr et al., Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology, 3d ed, p1141; Segen, Dictionary of Modern Medicine, 1992)
- Carcinoma, Medullary
- Carcinomas, Medullary
- Medullary Carcinoma
- Medullary Carcinomas
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Carcinoma, Medullary".
- Diseases [C]
- Neoplasms [C04]
- Neoplasms by Histologic Type [C04.557]
- Neoplasms, Germ Cell and Embryonal [C04.557.465]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors [C04.557.465.625]
- Neuroendocrine Tumors [C04.557.465.625.650]
- Carcinoma, Neuroendocrine [C04.557.465.625.650.240]
- Carcinoma, Medullary [C04.557.465.625.650.240.315]
- Neoplasms, Glandular and Epithelial [C04.557.470]
- Carcinoma [C04.557.470.200]
- Adenocarcinoma [C04.557.470.200.025]
- Carcinoma, Neuroendocrine [C04.557.470.200.025.370]
- Carcinoma, Medullary [C04.557.470.200.025.370.315]
- Neoplasms, Ductal, Lobular, and Medullary [C04.557.470.615]
- Carcinoma, Medullary [C04.557.470.615.315]
- Neoplasms, Nerve Tissue [C04.557.580]
- Neuroectodermal Tumors [C04.557.580.625]
- Neuroendocrine Tumors [C04.557.580.625.650]
- Carcinoma, Neuroendocrine [C04.557.580.625.650.240]
- Carcinoma, Medullary [C04.557.580.625.650.240.315]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Carcinoma, Medullary".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Carcinoma, Medullary" by people in this website by year, and whether "Carcinoma, Medullary" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.