Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic
"Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Thrombocytopenia occurring in the absence of toxic exposure or a disease associated with decreased platelets. It is mediated by immune mechanisms, in most cases IMMUNOGLOBULIN G autoantibodies which attach to platelets and subsequently undergo destruction by macrophages. The disease is seen in acute (affecting children) and chronic (adult) forms.
|Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpuras
- Purpura, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic
- Purpuras, Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Idiopathic
- Thrombocytopenic Purpuras, Idiopathic
- Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Immune Thrombocytopenic Purpuras
- Purpura, Immune Thrombocytopenic
- Purpuras, Immune Thrombocytopenic
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Immune
- Thrombocytopenic Purpuras, Immune
- Immune Thrombocytopenia
- Immune Thrombocytopenias
- Thrombocytopenia, Immune
- Thrombocytopenias, Immune
- Thrombocytopenic Purpura, Autoimmune
- Werlhof Disease
- Disease, Werlhof
- Werlhof's Disease
- Disease, Werlhof's
- Werlhofs Disease
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenia
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenias
- Thrombocytopenia, Autoimmune
- Thrombocytopenias, Autoimmune
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic Purpura
- Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic Purpuras
- Purpura, Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic
- Purpuras, Autoimmune Thrombocytopenic
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Autoimmune
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic".
- Diseases [C]
- Hemic and Lymphatic Diseases [C15]
- Hematologic Diseases [C15.378]
- Blood Coagulation Disorders [C15.378.100]
- Purpura [C15.378.100.802]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C15.378.100.802.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C15.378.100.802.687.600]
- Blood Platelet Disorders [C15.378.140]
- Thrombocytopenia [C15.378.140.855]
- Thrombotic Microangiopathies [C15.378.140.855.925]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C15.378.140.855.925.750]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C15.378.140.855.925.750.600]
- Hemorrhagic Disorders [C15.378.463]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C15.378.463.740]
- Immune System Diseases [C20]
- Autoimmune Diseases [C20.111]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C20.111.759]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C20.841]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C20.841.600]
- Pathological Conditions, Signs and Symptoms [C23]
- Pathologic Processes [C23.550]
- Hemorrhage [C23.550.414]
- Purpura [C23.550.414.950]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C23.550.414.950.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C23.550.414.950.687.600]
- Signs and Symptoms [C23.888]
- Skin Manifestations [C23.888.885]
- Purpura [C23.888.885.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic [C23.888.885.687.687]
- Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic [C23.888.885.687.687.600]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Purpura, Thrombocytopenic, Idiopathic" by people in Profiles.
Off-the-shelf cryopreserved platelets for the detection of HIT and VITT antibodies. Blood. 2022 12 22; 140(25):2722-2729.
Refractory vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia (VITT) managed with delayed therapeutic plasma exchange (TPE). J Clin Apher. 2022 Feb; 37(1):117-121.
Guidelines for the performance of minimally invasive splenectomy. Surg Endosc. 2021 11; 35(11):5877-5888.
Benign chronic immune thrombocytopenic purpura in adult males. Am J Hematol. 2016 Jul; 91(7):E321-2.
Misdiagnosed MYH9 related inherited macrothrombocytopenia with an inadvertent splenectomy. Pathology. 2015 Jun; 47(4):377-9.
The use of splenic artery embolisation as a bridge to safe laparoscopic splenectomy in a patient with resistant immune thrombocytopenic purpura. J Paediatr Child Health. 2009 Dec; 45(12):767-9.
Transplantation-mediated alloimmune thrombocytopenia: Guidelines for utilization of thrombocytopenic donors. Liver Transpl. 2008 Dec; 14(12):1803-9.
Targeted ITP strategies: do they elucidate the biology of ITP and related disorders? Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2006 Oct 15; 47(5 Suppl):706-9.
KSHV/HHV8-associated primary cutaneous plasmablastic lymphoma in a patient with Castleman's disease and Kaposi's sarcoma. J Cutan Pathol. 2006 Sep; 33 Suppl 2:46-51.
Immunoglobulin for concurrent Guillain-Barr? and immune thrombocytopenic purpura. Pediatr Neurol. 2006 Jan; 34(1):60-2.