Auditory Perceptual Disorders
"Auditory Perceptual Disorders" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Acquired or developmental cognitive disorders of AUDITORY PERCEPTION characterized by a reduced ability to perceive information contained in auditory stimuli despite intact auditory pathways. Affected individuals have difficulty with speech perception, sound localization, and comprehending the meaning of inflections of speech.
|Auditory Perceptual Disorders
- Auditory Perceptual Disorders
- Auditory Perceptual Disorder
- Perceptual Disorder, Auditory
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Auditory Processing Disorders
- Disorder, Auditory Processing
- Disorders, Auditory Processing
- Processing Disorder, Auditory
- Processing Disorders, Auditory
- Psychoacoustical Disorders
- Disorder, Psychoacoustical
- Disorders, Psychoacoustical
- Psychoacoustical Disorder
- Acoustic Perceptual Disorder
- Acoustic Perceptual Disorders
- Disorder, Acoustic Perceptual
- Disorders, Acoustic Perceptual
- Perceptual Disorder, Acoustic
- Perceptual Disorders, Acoustic
- Perceptual Disorders, Auditory
- Auditory Comprehension Disorder
- Auditory Comprehension Disorders
- Comprehension Disorder, Auditory
- Comprehension Disorders, Auditory
- Disorder, Auditory Comprehension
- Disorders, Auditory Comprehension
- Auditory Inattention
- Auditory Inattentions
- Inattention, Auditory
- Inattentions, Auditory
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Auditory Perceptual Disorders".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Auditory Perceptual Disorders".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Auditory Perceptual Disorders" by people in this website by year, and whether "Auditory Perceptual Disorders" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Auditory Perceptual Disorders" by people in Profiles.
Human evoked cortical activity to silent gaps in noise: effects of age, attention, and cortical processing speed. Ear Hear. 2012 May-Jun; 33(3):330-9.
Word deafness in head injury: implications for coma assessment and rehabilitation. Brain Inj. 1991 Jan-Mar; 5(1):53-6.