"Meige Syndrome" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A syndrome characterized by orofacial DYSTONIA; including BLEPHAROSPASM; forceful jaw opening; lip retraction; platysma muscle spasm; and tongue protrusion. It primarily affects older adults, with an incidence peak in the seventh decade of life. (From Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, p108)
- Meige Syndrome
- Blepharospasm-Oromandibular Dystonia
- Blepharospasm Oromandibular Dystonia
- Blepharospasm-Oromandibular Dystonias
- Dystonia, Blepharospasm-Oromandibular
- Dystonias, Blepharospasm-Oromandibular
- Brueghel Syndrome
- Idiopathic Blepharospasm-Oromandibular Dystonia Syndrome
- Idiopathic Blepharospasm Oromandibular Dystonia Syndrome
- Blepharospasm-Oromandibular Dyskinesia
- Blepharospasm Oromandibular Dyskinesia
- Blepharospasm-Oromandibular Dyskinesias
- Dyskinesia, Blepharospasm-Oromandibular
- Dyskinesias, Blepharospasm-Oromandibular
- Blepharospasm-Oromandibular Dystonia Syndrome
- Blepharospasm Oromandibular Dystonia Syndrome
- Blepharospasm-Oromandibular Dystonia Syndromes
- Dystonia Syndrome, Blepharospasm-Oromandibular
- Dystonia Syndromes, Blepharospasm-Oromandibular
- Blepharospasm-Oromandibular Dystonia Syndrome, Idiopathic
- Blepharospasm Oromandibular Dystonia Syndrome, Idiopathic
- Syndrome, Blepharospasm-Oromandibular Dystonia
- Idiopathic Orofacial Dyskinesia
- Dyskinesia, Idiopathic Orofacial
- Dyskinesias, Idiopathic Orofacial
- Idiopathic Orofacial Dyskinesias
- Orofacial Dyskinesia, Idiopathic
- Orofacial Dyskinesias, Idiopathic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Meige Syndrome".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Meige Syndrome".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Meige Syndrome" by people in this website by year, and whether "Meige Syndrome" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Meige Syndrome" by people in Profiles.
Dystonia-Parkinson syndrome: differential effects of levodopa and dopamine agonists. Clin Neuropharmacol. 1986; 9(3):298-302.