Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
"Primary Ovarian Insufficiency" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Cessation of ovarian function after MENARCHE but before the age of 40, without or with OVARIAN FOLLICLE depletion. It is characterized by the presence of OLIGOMENORRHEA or AMENORRHEA, elevated GONADOTROPINS, and low ESTRADIOL levels. It is a state of female HYPERGONADOTROPIC HYPOGONADISM. Etiologies include genetic defects, autoimmune processes, chemotherapy, radiation, and infections.
|Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Insufficiency, Primary Ovarian
- Ovarian Insufficiency, Primary
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Ovarian Failure, Premature
Hypergonadotropic Ovarian Failure, X-Linked
- Hypergonadotropic Ovarian Failure, X-Linked
- Hypergonadotropic Ovarian Failure, X Linked
- FMR1-Related Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- FMR1 Related Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Premature Ovarian Failure, X-Linked
- Premature Ovarian Failure, X Linked
- X-Linked Hypergonadotropic Ovarian Failure
- X Linked Hypergonadotropic Ovarian Failure
- Fragile X-Associated Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Fragile X Associated Primary Ovarian Insufficiency
- Premature Ovarian Failure 1
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Primary Ovarian Insufficiency".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Primary Ovarian Insufficiency".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Primary Ovarian Insufficiency" by people in this website by year, and whether "Primary Ovarian Insufficiency" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.