"Myelitis, Transverse" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Inflammation of a transverse portion of the spinal cord characterized by acute or subacute segmental demyelination or necrosis. The condition may occur sporadically, follow an infection or vaccination, or present as a paraneoplastic syndrome (see also ENCEPHALOMYELITIS, ACUTE DISSEMINATED). Clinical manifestations include motor weakness, sensory loss, and incontinence. (Adams et al., Principles of Neurology, 6th ed, pp1242-6)
- Myelitis, Transverse
- Transverse Myelopathy Syndrome
- Transverse Myelopathy Syndromes
- Transverse Myelitis
Myelitis, Subacute Transverse
- Myelitis, Subacute Transverse
- Myelitides, Subacute Transverse
- Subacute Transverse Myelitis
- Transverse Myelitis, Subacute
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Myelitis, Transverse".
- Diseases [C]
- Neoplasms [C04]
- Neoplasms by Site [C04.588]
- Nervous System Neoplasms [C04.588.614]
- Paraneoplastic Syndromes, Nervous System [C04.588.614.550]
- Myelitis, Transverse [C04.588.614.550.550]
- Paraneoplastic Syndromes [C04.730]
- Paraneoplastic Syndromes, Nervous System [C04.730.856]
- Myelitis, Transverse [C04.730.856.543]
- Nervous System Diseases [C10]
- Autoimmune Diseases of the Nervous System [C10.114]
- Demyelinating Autoimmune Diseases, CNS [C10.114.375]
- Myelitis, Transverse [C10.114.375.600]
- Central Nervous System Diseases [C10.228]
- Central Nervous System Infections [C10.228.228]
- Myelitis [C10.228.228.618]
- Myelitis, Transverse [C10.228.228.618.250]
- Spinal Cord Diseases [C10.228.854]
- Myelitis [C10.228.854.525]
- Myelitis, Transverse [C10.228.854.525.553]
- Demyelinating Diseases [C10.314]
- Demyelinating Autoimmune Diseases, CNS [C10.314.350]
- Myelitis, Transverse [C10.314.350.600]
- Neurodegenerative Diseases [C10.574]
- Paraneoplastic Syndromes, Nervous System [C10.574.781]
- Myelitis, Transverse [C10.574.781.625]
- Immune System Diseases [C20]
- Autoimmune Diseases [C20.111]
- Autoimmune Diseases of the Nervous System [C20.111.258]
- Demyelinating Autoimmune Diseases, CNS [C20.111.258.250]
- Myelitis, Transverse [C20.111.258.250.550]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Myelitis, Transverse".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Myelitis, Transverse" by people in this website by year, and whether "Myelitis, Transverse" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Myelitis, Transverse" by people in Profiles.
Impact of the hematocrit value of the blood prime unit on patient hematocrit values after therapeutic plasma exchange in children weighing 10 kg or less. J Clin Apher. 2019 Aug; 34(4):499-502.
Minor salivary gland inflammation in Devic's disease and longitudinally extensive myelitis. Mult Scler. 2008 Jul; 14(6):809-14.
Characteristics of acute transverse myelitis at Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi. J Pak Med Assoc. 2007 Apr; 57(4):215-8.
Home nasal bilevel positive airway pressure therapy for diaphragmatic paresis in transverse myelitis. Acta Paediatr. 2005 Jul; 94(7):985-6.
MR imaging of acute transverse myelitis (myelopathy). Radiat Med. 1998 May-Jun; 16(3):179-86.
Herpes zoster in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection--an ever-expanding spectrum of disease. Clin Infect Dis. 1995 Oct; 21(4):989-90.