"Somatosensory Cortex" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Area of the parietal lobe concerned with receiving sensations such as movement, pain, pressure, position, temperature, touch, and vibration. It lies posterior to the central sulcus.
|Secondary Somatosensory Cortex
- Secondary Somatosensory Cortex
- Cortex, Secondary Somatosensory
- Somatosensory Cortex, Secondary
- Secondary Sensory Cortex
- Cortex, Secondary Sensory
- Sensory Cortex, Secondary
- Secondary Somatosensory Area
- Area, Secondary Somatosensory
- Areas, Secondary Somatosensory
- Secondary Somatosensory Areas
- Somatosensory Area, Secondary
- Somatosensory Areas, Secondary
- Second Somatic Sensory Area
Primary Somatosensory Cortex
- Primary Somatosensory Cortex
- Cortex, Primary Somatosensory
- Primary Somatosensory Cortices
- Somatosensory Cortex, Primary
- SI Cortex
- Cortex, SI
- Primary Somatosensory Area
- Area, Primary Somatosensory
- Areas, Primary Somatosensory
- Somatosensory Area, Primary
- Somatosensory Areas, Primary
- Primary Somatosensory Areas
- Anterior Parietal Cortex
- Cortex, Anterior Parietal
- Parietal Cortex, Anterior
- Primary Somatic Sensory Area
- Postcentral Gyrus
- Gyrus, Postcentral
- Post Central Gyrus
- Gyrus, Post Central
- Gyrus Postcentralis
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Somatosensory Cortex".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Somatosensory Cortex".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Somatosensory Cortex" by people in this website by year, and whether "Somatosensory Cortex" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Somatosensory Cortex" by people in Profiles.
The neural basis of tactile texture perception. Curr Opin Neurobiol. 2022 10; 76:102621.
Perceived timing of cutaneous vibration and intracortical microstimulation of human somatosensory cortex. Brain Stimul. 2022 May-Jun; 15(3):881-888.
Characterizing the short-latency evoked response to intracortical microstimulation across a multi-electrode array. J Neural Eng. 2022 04 20; 19(2).
Texture is encoded in precise temporal spiking patterns in primate somatosensory cortex. Nat Commun. 2022 03 14; 13(1):1311.
Intracortical Somatosensory Stimulation to Elicit Fingertip Sensations in an Individual With Spinal Cord Injury. Neurology. 2022 Feb 15; 98(7):e679-e687.
Stoney vs. Histed: Quantifying the spatial effects of intracortical microstimulation. Brain Stimul. 2022 Jan-Feb; 15(1):141-151.
Intracortical microstimulation of somatosensory cortex enables object identification through perceived sensations. Annu Int Conf IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2021 11; 2021:6259-6262.
Of mice and monkeys: Somatosensory processing in two prominent animal models. Prog Neurobiol. 2021 06; 201:102008.
A comprehensive model-based framework for optimal design of biomimetic patterns of electrical stimulation for prosthetic sensation. J Neural Eng. 2020 09 18; 17(4):046045.
Emergence of an Invariant Representation of Texture in Primate Somatosensory Cortex. Cereb Cortex. 2020 05 14; 30(5):3228-3239.