"Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A class of ionotropic glutamate receptors characterized by affinity for N-methyl-D-aspartate. NMDA receptors have an allosteric binding site for glycine which must be occupied for the channel to open efficiently and a site within the channel itself to which magnesium ions bind in a voltage-dependent manner. The positive voltage dependence of channel conductance and the high permeability of the conducting channel to calcium ions (as well as to monovalent cations) are important in excitotoxicity and neuronal plasticity.
- Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate
- Receptors, N Methyl D Aspartate
- N-Methyl-D-Aspartate Receptors
- N Methyl D Aspartate Receptors
- NMDA Receptors
- Receptors, N-Methylaspartate
- Receptors, N Methylaspartate
- Receptors, NMDA
- NMDA Receptor-Ionophore Complex
- NMDA Receptor Ionophore Complex
- N-Methylaspartate Receptors
- N Methylaspartate Receptors
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Carrier Proteins [D12.776.157]
- Membrane Transport Proteins [D12.776.157.530]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.157.530.400]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.157.530.400.400]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.157.530.400.400.500]
- Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate [D12.776.157.530.400.400.500.500]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.543.550]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.543.550.450]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.543.550.450.500]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.543.550.450.500.200]
- Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate [D12.776.543.550.450.500.200.500]
- Membrane Transport Proteins [D12.776.543.585]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.543.585.400]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.543.585.400.500]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.543.585.400.500.200]
- Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate [D12.776.543.585.400.500.200.500]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Amino Acid [D12.776.543.750.720.200]
- Receptors, Glutamate [D12.776.543.750.720.200.450]
- Receptors, Ionotropic Glutamate [D12.776.543.750.720.200.450.400]
- Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate [D12.776.543.750.720.200.450.400.500]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Receptors, N-Methyl-D-Aspartate" by people in Profiles.
Nitrous Oxide, a Rapid Antidepressant, Has Ketamine-like Effects on Excitatory Transmission in the Adult Hippocampus. Biol Psychiatry. 2022 12 15; 92(12):964-972.
Rare variants implicate NMDA receptor signaling and cerebellar gene networks in risk for bipolar disorder. Mol Psychiatry. 2022 09; 27(9):3842-3856.
Intermittent Hypoxia causes targeted disruption to NMDA receptor dependent synaptic plasticity in area CA1 of the hippocampus. Exp Neurol. 2021 10; 344:113808.
Ketamine and nitrous oxide: The evolution of NMDA receptor antagonists as antidepressant agents. J Neurol Sci. 2020 05 15; 412:116778.
NMDA receptor antibody seropositivity in psychosis: A pilot study from the Bipolar-Schizophrenia Network for Intermediate Phenotypes (B-SNIP). Schizophr Res. 2020 04; 218:318-320.
De novo GRIN variants in NMDA receptor M2 channel pore-forming loop are associated with neurological diseases. Hum Mutat. 2019 12; 40(12):2393-2413.
Target Molecular-Based Neuroactivity Screening and Analysis of Panax ginseng by Affinity Ultrafiltration, UPLC-QTOF-MS and Molecular Docking. Am J Chin Med. 2019; 47(6):1345-1363.
Effect of Nitrous Oxide as a Treatment for Subjective, Idiopathic, Nonpulsatile Bothersome Tinnitus: A Randomized Clinical Trial. JAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2018 09 01; 144(9):781-787.
NMDAR-independent, cAMP-dependent antidepressant actions of ketamine. Mol Psychiatry. 2019 12; 24(12):1833-1843.
Pharmacological manipulation of the olfactory bulb modulates beta oscillations: testing model predictions. J Neurophysiol. 2018 09 01; 120(3):1090-1106.