"Receptors, Nicotinic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
One of the two major classes of cholinergic receptors. Nicotinic receptors were originally distinguished by their preference for NICOTINE over MUSCARINE. They are generally divided into muscle-type and neuronal-type (previously ganglionic) based on pharmacology, and subunit composition of the receptors.
- Receptors, Nicotinic
- Nicotinic Receptors
- Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptors
- Acetylcholine Receptors, Nicotinic
- Receptors, Nicotinic Acetylcholine
- Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor
- Acetylcholine Receptor, Nicotinic
- Receptor, Nicotinic Acetylcholine
- Nicotinic Receptor
- Receptor, Nicotinic
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Nicotinic".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Carrier Proteins [D12.776.157]
- Membrane Transport Proteins [D12.776.157.530]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.157.530.400]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.157.530.400.400]
- Cysteine Loop Ligand-Gated Ion Channel Receptors [D12.776.157.530.400.400.100]
- Receptors, Nicotinic [D12.776.157.530.400.400.100.500]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.543.550]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.543.550.450]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.543.550.450.500]
- Cysteine Loop Ligand-Gated Ion Channel Receptors [D12.776.543.550.450.500.100]
- Receptors, Nicotinic [D12.776.543.550.450.500.100.500]
- Membrane Transport Proteins [D12.776.543.585]
- Ion Channels [D12.776.543.585.400]
- Ligand-Gated Ion Channels [D12.776.543.585.400.500]
- Cysteine Loop Ligand-Gated Ion Channel Receptors [D12.776.543.585.400.500.100]
- Receptors, Nicotinic [D12.776.543.585.400.500.100.500]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Cysteine Loop Ligand-Gated Ion Channel Receptors [D12.776.543.750.130]
- Receptors, Nicotinic [D12.776.543.750.130.687]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Cholinergic [D12.776.543.750.720.360]
- Receptors, Nicotinic [D12.776.543.750.720.360.550]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Nicotinic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Nicotinic" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, Nicotinic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Receptors, Nicotinic" by people in Profiles.
Trapping of Nicotinic Acetylcholine Receptor Ligands Assayed by In Vitro Cellular Studies and In Vivo PET Imaging. J Neurosci. 2023 01 04; 43(1):2-13.
Ethanol interaction with a3?4 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in neurons of the laterodorsal tegmentum. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2021 12; 45(12):2495-2505.
Activity-dependent Golgi satellite formation in dendrites reshapes the neuronal surface glycoproteome. Elife. 2021 09 21; 10.
Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Ion Permeation in Wild-Type and Mutated Open Active Conformation of the Human a7 Nicotinic Receptor. J Chem Inf Model. 2020 10 26; 60(10):5045-5056.
Correlation of IgG autoantibodies against acetylcholine receptors and desmogleins in patients with pemphigus treated with steroid sparing agents or rituximab. PLoS One. 2020; 15(6):e0233957.
Optical control of muscular nicotinic channels with azocuroniums, photoswitchable azobenzenes bearing two N-methyl-N-carbocyclic quaternary ammonium groups. Eur J Med Chem. 2020 Aug 15; 200:112403.
From genes to treatments: a systematic review of the pharmacogenetics in smoking cessation. Pharmacogenomics. 2018 07 01; 19(10):861-871.
The role of nicotinic receptor genes (CHRN) in the pathways of prenatal tobacco exposure on smoking behavior among young adult light smokers. Addict Behav. 2018 09; 84:231-237.
Development of fluorescence imaging probes for nicotinic acetylcholine a4?2* receptors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2018 02 01; 28(3):371-377.
Nicotinic modulation of descending pain control circuitry. Pain. 2017 Oct; 158(10):1938-1950.