"Receptors, Cholecystokinin" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Cell surface proteins that bind cholecystokinin (CCK) with high affinity and trigger intracellular changes influencing the behavior of cells. Cholecystokinin receptors are activated by GASTRIN as well as by CCK-4; CCK-8; and CCK-33. Activation of these receptors evokes secretion of AMYLASE by pancreatic acinar cells, acid and PEPSIN by stomach mucosal cells, and contraction of the PYLORUS and GALLBLADDER. The role of the widespread CCK receptors in the central nervous system is not well understood.
- Receptors, Cholecystokinin
- Receptors, Pancreozymin
- Cholecystokinin Receptor
- Receptor, Cholecystokinin
- Receptors, CCK
- CCK Receptor
- Receptor, CCK
- CCK Receptors
- Pancreozymin Receptors
- Cholecystokinin Receptors
- CCK-4 Receptors
- CCK 4 Receptors
- Receptors, CCK-4
- Receptors, CCK 4
- CCK-8 Receptors
- CCK 8 Receptors
- Cholecystokinin Octapeptide Receptors
- Octapeptide Receptors, Cholecystokinin
- Receptors, CCK-8
- Receptors, CCK 8
- Receptors, Cholecystokinin Octapeptide
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Receptors, Cholecystokinin".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Receptors, Cell Surface [D12.776.543.750]
- Receptors, G-Protein-Coupled [D12.776.543.750.695]
- Receptors, Cholecystokinin [D12.776.543.750.695.170]
- Receptors, Neurotransmitter [D12.776.543.750.720]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.720.600]
- Receptors, Cholecystokinin [D12.776.543.750.720.600.270]
- Receptors, Peptide [D12.776.543.750.750]
- Receptors, Gastrointestinal Hormone [D12.776.543.750.750.360]
- Receptors, Cholecystokinin [D12.776.543.750.750.360.200]
- Receptors, Neuropeptide [D12.776.543.750.750.555]
- Receptors, Cholecystokinin [D12.776.543.750.750.555.270]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Receptors, Cholecystokinin".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Receptors, Cholecystokinin" by people in this website by year, and whether "Receptors, Cholecystokinin" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Receptors, Cholecystokinin" by people in Profiles.
Gastric effects of cholecystokinin and its interaction with leptin on brainstem neuronal activity in neonatal rats. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2000 Oct; 295(1):177-82.