"T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Immunized T-lymphocytes which can directly destroy appropriate target cells. These cytotoxic lymphocytes may be generated in vitro in mixed lymphocyte cultures (MLC), in vivo during a graft-versus-host (GVH) reaction, or after immunization with an allograft, tumor cell or virally transformed or chemically modified target cell. The lytic phenomenon is sometimes referred to as cell-mediated lympholysis (CML). These CD8-positive cells are distinct from NATURAL KILLER CELLS and NATURAL KILLER T-CELLS. There are two effector phenotypes: TC1 and TC2.
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic
- Cytotoxic T-Lymphocyte
- T Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic
- T-Lymphocyte, Cytotoxic
- Cell-Mediated Lympholytic Cells
- Cell Mediated Lympholytic Cells
- Cell, Cell-Mediated Lympholytic
- Cell-Mediated Lympholytic Cell
- Cells, Cell-Mediated Lympholytic
- Lympholytic Cell, Cell-Mediated
- Lympholytic Cells, Cell-Mediated
- Cytotoxic T-Lymphocytes
- Cytotoxic T Lymphocytes
- TC2 Cells
- Cell, TC2
- Cells, TC2
- TC2 Cell
- TC1 Cells
- Cell, TC1
- Cells, TC1
- TC1 Cell
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic".
- Anatomy [A]
- Cells [A11]
- Blood Cells [A11.118]
- Leukocytes [A11.118.637]
- Leukocytes, Mononuclear [A11.118.637.555]
- Cytokine-Induced Killer Cells [A11.118.637.555.283]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A11.118.637.555.283.875]
- Lymphocytes [A11.118.637.555.567]
- Lymphocyte Subsets [A11.118.637.555.567.550]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A11.118.637.555.567.550.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A11.118.637.555.567.550.500.200]
- T-Lymphocytes [A11.118.637.555.567.569]
- CD8-Positive T-Lymphocytes [A11.118.637.555.567.569.220]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A11.118.637.555.567.569.220.200]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A11.118.637.555.567.569.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A11.118.637.555.567.569.500.200]
- Hemic and Immune Systems [A15]
- Blood [A15.145]
- Blood Cells [A15.145.229]
- Leukocytes [A184.108.40.2067]
- Leukocytes, Mononuclear [A220.127.116.117.555]
- Cytokine-Induced Killer Cells [A18.104.22.1687.555.283]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A22.214.171.1247.555.283.875]
- Lymphocytes [A126.96.36.1997.555.567]
- Lymphocyte Subsets [A188.8.131.527.555.567.550]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A184.108.40.2067.555.567.550.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A220.127.116.117.555.567.550.500.200]
- T-Lymphocytes [A18.104.22.1687.555.567.569]
- CD8-Positive T-Lymphocytes [A22.214.171.1247.555.567.569.220]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A126.96.36.1997.555.567.569.220.200]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A188.8.131.527.555.567.569.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A184.108.40.2067.555.567.569.500.200]
- Immune System [A15.382]
- Leukocytes [A15.382.490]
- Leukocytes, Mononuclear [A15.382.490.555]
- Cytokine-Induced Killer Cells [A15.382.490.555.283]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A15.382.490.555.283.875]
- Lymphocytes [A15.382.490.555.567]
- Lymphocyte Subsets [A15.382.490.555.567.550]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A15.382.490.555.567.550.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A15.382.490.555.567.550.500.200]
- T-Lymphocytes [A15.382.490.555.567.569]
- CD8-Positive T-Lymphocytes [A15.382.490.555.567.569.220]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A15.382.490.555.567.569.220.200]
- T-Lymphocyte Subsets [A15.382.490.555.567.569.500]
- T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic [A15.382.490.555.567.569.500.200]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic" by people in this website by year, and whether "T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "T-Lymphocytes, Cytotoxic" by people in Profiles.
Senescent cancer cell vaccines induce cytotoxic T cell responses targeting primary tumors and disseminated tumor cells. J Immunother Cancer. 2023 02; 11(2).
Tet2 deficiency drives liver microbiome dysbiosis triggering Tc1 cell autoimmune hepatitis. Cell Host Microbe. 2022 07 13; 30(7):1003-1019.e10.
Identification of cytotoxic T cells and their T cell receptor sequences targeting COVID-19 using MHC class I-binding peptides. J Hum Genet. 2022 Jul; 67(7):411-419.
TCF-1 controls Treg cell functions that regulate inflammation, CD8+ T cell cytotoxicity and severity of colon cancer. Nat Immunol. 2021 09; 22(9):1152-1162.
Neoantigens elicit T cell responses in breast cancer. Sci Rep. 2021 06 30; 11(1):13590.
Managing cancer patients during the COVID-19 pandemic: an ESMO multidisciplinary expert consensus. Ann Oncol. 2020 10; 31(10):1320-1335.
Tissue alarmins and adaptive cytokine induce dynamic and distinct transcriptional responses in tissue-resident intraepithelial cytotoxic T lymphocytes. J Autoimmun. 2020 03; 108:102422.
Safety, Clinical Activity, and Biological Correlates of Response in Patients with Metastatic Melanoma: Results from a Phase I Trial of Atezolizumab. Clin Cancer Res. 2019 10 15; 25(20):6061-6072.
Nondestructive, multiplex three-dimensional mapping of immune infiltrates in core needle biopsy. Lab Invest. 2019 09; 99(9):1400-1413.
Immunotherapy with cancer peptides in combination with intravesical bacillus Calmette-Guerin for patients with non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. Cancer Immunol Immunother. 2018 Sep; 67(9):1371-1380.