Cyclic AMP Receptor Protein
"Cyclic AMP Receptor Protein" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
A transcriptional regulator in prokaryotes which, when activated by binding cyclic AMP, acts at several promoters. Cyclic AMP receptor protein was originally identified as a catabolite gene activator protein. It was subsequently shown to regulate several functions unrelated to catabolism, and to be both a negative and a positive regulator of transcription. Cell surface cyclic AMP receptors are not included (CYCLIC AMP RECEPTORS), nor are the eukaryotic cytoplasmic cyclic AMP receptor proteins, which are the regulatory subunits of CYCLIC AMP-DEPENDENT PROTEIN KINASES.
|Cyclic AMP Receptor Protein
- Cyclic AMP Receptor Protein
- cAMP Receptor Proteins
- Proteins, cAMP Receptor
- Receptor Proteins, cAMP
- Catabolic Gene Activator
- Gene Activator, Catabolic
- Gene Activators, Catabolic
- Catabolic Gene Activators
- Cyclic AMP Receptor Proteins
- Activator Protein, Catabolite
- Activator Proteins, Catabolite
- Catabolite Activator Proteins
- Protein, Catabolite Activator
- Proteins, Catabolite Activator
- Catabolite Activator Protein
- Catabolite Gene Activator Protein
- Catabolite Gene Activator Proteins
- Catabolite Regulator Protein
- Catabolite Regulator Proteins
- Protein, Catabolite Regulator
- Proteins, Catabolite Regulator
- Regulator Protein, Catabolite
- Regulator Proteins, Catabolite
- cAMP Receptor Protein
- Protein, cAMP Receptor
- Receptor Protein, cAMP
- Activator, Catabolic Gene
- Activators, Catabolic Gene
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Cyclic AMP Receptor Protein".
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Cyclic AMP Receptor Protein".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Cyclic AMP Receptor Protein" by people in this website by year, and whether "Cyclic AMP Receptor Protein" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Cyclic AMP Receptor Protein" by people in Profiles.
Starvation-induced Mucts62-mediated coding sequence fusion: a role for ClpXP, Lon, RpoS and Crp. Mol Microbiol. 1999 Apr; 32(2):327-43.