"Mucin-1" is a descriptor in the National Library of Medicine's controlled vocabulary thesaurus,
MeSH (Medical Subject Headings). Descriptors are arranged in a hierarchical structure,
which enables searching at various levels of specificity.
Carbohydrate antigen elevated in patients with tumors of the breast, ovary, lung, and prostate as well as other disorders. The mucin is expressed normally by most glandular epithelia but shows particularly increased expression in the breast at lactation and in malignancy. It is thus an established serum marker for breast cancer.
- Mucin 1
- CA 15.3 Antigen
- Antigen, CA 15.3
- Antigen CA-15-3
- Antigen CA 15 3
- CA-15-3, Antigen
- CA-15-3 Antigen
- Antigen, CA-15-3
- CD227 Antigen
- Antigen, CD227
- Polymorphic Epithelial Mucin
- Epithelial Membrane Antigen
- Antigen, Epithelial Membrane
- Membrane Antigen, Epithelial
- Muc1 Mucin
- Mucin, Muc1
- Antigens, CD227
- CD227 Antigens
- CA 15-3 Antigen
- Antigen, CA 15-3
- CA 15 3 Antigen
- Epithelial Mucin, Polymorphic
- Mucin, Polymorphic Epithelial
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more general than "Mucin-1".
- Chemicals and Drugs [D]
- Amino Acids, Peptides, and Proteins [D12]
- Proteins [D12.776]
- Glycoproteins [D12.776.395]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.395.550]
- Mucin-1 [D12.776.395.550.560]
- Mucoproteins [D12.776.395.560]
- Mucins [D12.776.395.560.631]
- Mucin-1 [D12.776.395.560.631.115]
- Membrane Proteins [D12.776.543]
- Membrane Glycoproteins [D12.776.543.550]
- Mucin-1 [D12.776.543.550.530]
- Biological Factors [D23]
- Antigens [D23.050]
- Antigens, Neoplasm [D23.050.285]
- Antigens, Tumor-Associated, Carbohydrate [D23.050.285.050]
- Mucin-1 [D23.050.285.050.300]
- Epitopes [D23.050.550]
- Antigens, Tumor-Associated, Carbohydrate [D23.050.550.325]
- Mucin-1 [D23.050.550.325.300]
- Biomarkers [D23.101]
- Biomarkers, Tumor [D23.101.140]
- Antigens, Tumor-Associated, Carbohydrate [D23.101.140.075]
- Mucin-1 [D23.101.140.075.300]
Below are MeSH descriptors whose meaning is more specific than "Mucin-1".
This graph shows the total number of publications written about "Mucin-1" by people in this website by year, and whether "Mucin-1" was a major or minor topic of these publications.
To see the data from this visualization as text, click here.
|Year||Major Topic||Minor Topic||Total|
To return to the timeline, click here.
Below are the most recent publications written about "Mucin-1" by people in Profiles.
MUC1-C regulates lineage plasticity driving progression to neuroendocrine prostate cancer. Nat Commun. 2020 01 17; 11(1):338.
Engineered CAR T Cells Targeting the Cancer-Associated Tn-Glycoform of the Membrane Mucin MUC1 Control Adenocarcinoma. Immunity. 2016 06 21; 44(6):1444-54.
DNA methylation by DNMT1 and DNMT3b methyltransferases is driven by the MUC1-C oncoprotein in human carcinoma cells. Oncogene. 2016 12 15; 35(50):6439-6445.
Inhibition of MUC1-C Suppresses MYC Expression and Attenuates Malignant Growth in KRAS Mutant Lung Adenocarcinomas. Cancer Res. 2016 Mar 15; 76(6):1538-48.
Long-term histological and mucin alterations in the neobladder mucosa following urinary bladder augmentation or substitution with gastrointestinal segment. J Pediatr Urol. 2015 Dec; 11(6):349.e1-6.
A cross-sectional study of tumor markers during normal and high-risk pregnancies. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015 Jun; 129(3):203-6.
MUC1-C activates the TAK1 inflammatory pathway in colon cancer. Oncogene. 2015 Oct 01; 34(40):5187-97.
The cancer glycocalyx mechanically primes integrin-mediated growth and survival. Nature. 2014 Jul 17; 511(7509):319-25.
Variable clinical presentation of an MUC1 mutation causing medullary cystic kidney disease type 1. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014 Mar; 9(3):527-35.
Cholesterol metabolism and resistance to tamoxifen. Curr Opin Pharmacol. 2012 Dec; 12(6):683-9.